Course Tutor – Tim Fidgeon
Tim Fidgeon is a freelance trainer and consultant who’s worked in digital marketing since the 90s. He’s worked on projects of all shapes and sizes: small business, charities, government departments and multi-nationals (including: Coca-Cola, Vodafone and General Motors).
Take steps to improve your websites usability and UX (User Experience) with this one day course focused on research-based guidelines, practical advice and real-world examples.
Who is it for?
This course is relevant for those managing or designing websites including marketers, ecommerce experts, graphic designers, project managers and usability and UX professionals.
You will be able to confidently plan and create a UX friendly website for your brand.
What will you learn?
- The industry-standard definition of usability
- The facts and figures on how users navigate online
- Practical advice on how a user’s behaviour can directly impact on your site’s success
- The importance of website design
- Practical, best practice advice on fundamental design issues that can have a huge impact on site performance including:
- User expectations
- Using design to communicate logic
- Avoiding clutter
- Information scent
- Putting users in control
- Calls To Action (CTAs)
- Guidelines on the usability of all the major elements of your website
- Good practice for a user friendly home page
- How to create clear and user friendly navigation and information architecture
- Website elements to include and how to make them successful such as – about us page, contact us page, campaign landing pages and error pages
Date: 16 April 2014
Location: Farringdon, London
Campaign Digital Skills Series
See the full list of courses in this series
Other courses in the series:
- Content Marketing Masterclass, London, 2 April 2014
- eCommerce: How to get started, online, 10 & 24 April 2014
- Digital Bootcamp Foundation Programme, London, 30 April and 01 May 2014
- Power Project Management Course, London, 8 May 2014
- Kick-starter for Mobile Apps Course, London, 21 May 2014
- Building Brands with Social Media, online webinar, 3 June 2014
- Mobile Strategy, online classroom, 17 June 2014